One of the greatest breakfasts for weight loss is a quick egg scramble with hearty bread. It mixes weight-loss superfoods eggs and raspberries with substantial whole-grain toast and nutrient-dense spinach for a satisfying breakfast. Protein and fiber fill you up, and the entire meal is only 300 calories.
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 ½ cups baby spinach (1 1/2 ounces)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Small pinch of kosher salt
- Small pinch of ground pepper
- 1 slice whole-grain bread (none of that white bread stuff!), toast it up
- ½ cup fresh raspberries (organic ideally)
- ½ cup fresh blackberries (organic ideally)
- In a small nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until the spinach has wilted, about 1 to 2 minutes. Place the spinach on a serving platter. Clean the pan, place it over medium heat, and crack the eggs into it. Cook, stirring once or twice to ensure equal cooking, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until just set. Add the spinach, salt, and pepper to taste. With toast and strawberries, serve the scramble.
Serving Size: 2 eggs, 1 slice bread & 1/2 cup raspberries
Per Serving: 296 calories; protein 17.8g; carbohydrates 20.9g; dietary fiber 7g; sugars 4.8g; fat 15.7g; saturated fat 3.7g; cholesterol 372mg; vitamin a iu 3312.6IU; vitamin c 28.1mg; folate 79.4mcg; calcium 138.8mg; iron 4.2mg; magnesium 76.1mg; potassium 292.6mg; sodium 394.2mg; thiamin 0.1mg.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?