Today I wanted to share something I recently tried myself, it was too good NOT to share. Plus it is packed with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant’s that will be sure to help kick your day off properly with your dose of GLX3 🙂
Steel Cut Oats With Kefir And Berries
- 1 cup steel-cut oats (you can also find certified gluten-free if you have a gluten intolerance)
- 3 cups water
- pinch of salt
- fresh or frozen fruit / berries (We used blueberries and raspberries, but any will work)
- a handful of sliced almonds, pepitas, hemp seeds, or other nut/seed (you could even use a little of your favorite granola – just be sure to watch the sugar content)
- unsweetened kefir, homemade or store-bought
- drizzle of maple syrup, sprinkling of coconut sugar, a few drops of stevia, or any other sweetener you like, to taste
- Add the oats to a small saucepan and place over medium-high heat.
- Allow to toast, stirring or shaking the pan frequently, for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, and let cook for about 25 minutes, or until the oats are tender enough for your liking. (The oats will thicken up as they cool — if you prefer them a bit more like a porridge add a splash more water, or some milk or dairy-free alternative.)
- Serve with berries, nuts/seeds (or a handful of granola), a splash of kefir, and any sweetener you like, to taste. Dig in!
I hope you enjoy this meal that’s jam-packed with antioxidants!
This was originally found at Will Cook For Friends with a few changes to fit what I loved…so feel free to add/eliminate as you see fit and make it your own!