Today I wanted to share something I recently tried myself, it was too good NOT to share. Plus it is packed with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant’s that will be sure to help kick your day off properly with your dose of GLX3 🙂
Steel Cut Oats With Kefir And Berries
- 1 cup steel-cut oats (you can also find certified gluten-free if you have a gluten intolerance)
- 3 cups water
- pinch of salt
- fresh or frozen fruit / berries (We used blueberries and raspberries, but any will work)
- a handful of sliced almonds, pepitas, hemp seeds, or other nut/seed (you could even use a little of your favorite granola – just be sure to watch the sugar content)
- unsweetened kefir, homemade or store-bought
- drizzle of maple syrup, sprinkling of coconut sugar, a few drops of stevia, or any other sweetener you like, to taste
- Add the oats to a small saucepan and place over medium-high heat.
- Allow to toast, stirring or shaking the pan frequently, for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, and let cook for about 25 minutes, or until the oats are tender enough for your liking. (The oats will thicken up as they cool — if you prefer them a bit more like a porridge add a splash more water, or some milk or dairy-free alternative.)
- Serve with berries, nuts/seeds (or a handful of granola), a splash of kefir, and any sweetener you like, to taste. Dig in!
I hope you enjoy this meal that’s jam-packed with antioxidants!
This was originally found at Will Cook For Friends with a few changes to fit what I loved…so feel free to add/eliminate as you see fit and make it your own!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?