When you’re used to being active and strong, it can be frustrating to find that you can’t do all that you once could.
Maybe you can’t lift quite as much, or perhaps you can’t run as far. Maybe you are experiencing pain in your knees or other joints that keeps you from doing everything that you want to do. The cause of joint pain is often inflammation, which is good news—because you can do something about it.
Whether you are experiencing joint pain that stops you from achieving your goals at the gym or want to head off pain and other inflammation-related problems before they start, keep reading to learn about the inflammation-reducing effects of green-lipped mussel oil.
Overview of green-lipped mussels
The green-lipped mussel is a shellfish that is native to New Zealand. These mussels thrive on the rocks and other solid surfaces along New Zealand’s coastline. Because of their impressive health benefits, green-lipped mussels are often a part of medicines and dietary supplements that are designed to address a range of inflammatory conditions, including osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and asthma. Green-lipped mussel oil may also help to prevent sore muscles after a workout.
What is inflammation, and why does it matter?
Inflammation is your body’s natural, protective response to foreign organisms, such as viruses and bacteria, as well as injuries, toxins, heat, and other threats to the body. The immune system recognizes these threats, or antigens, and responds by releasing chemicals such as histamine and prostaglandins.
These chemicals prompt blood vessels to leak fluid into the surrounding tissues, leading to swelling (inflammation). This response helps to isolate the antigen from coming into further contact with the body’s tissues.
What is chronic inflammation?
Inflammation is a positive thing—it is one of the natural ways that your body fights off harm and heals itself to stay healthy. However, when this response lingers, it leaves the body in a state of constant alert. This condition is chronic inflammation, and it can be detrimental to your organs and tissues. It may also play a role in a range of conditions such as asthma and arthritis.
What causes chronic inflammation?
There is not always a clear cause of chronic inflammation, and what causes chronic inflammation in one person may not cause any problems in another. That said, there are a few known and common causes of this condition and contributors to it, including:
- Causes of regular inflammation that are untreated, such as an injury or infection
- Long-term exposure to irritants, such as pollution or industrial chemicals at work
- Autoimmune disorders, which make your immune system mistakenly attack healthy tissue
- Excessive alcohol consumption
- Chronic stress
Problems that chronic inflammation can cause
When inflammation goes on for too long, it can lead to complications and disease. Although inflammation is a healthy process, during chronic inflammation, your body is getting too much of a good thing.
Your body’s prolonged state of alert can contribute to damage to your heart, brain, or other organs, and it can also cause you pain. Inflammation may even be a risk factor for Alzheimer’s disease.
Treatment options for inflammation
When you understand the potential problems that you could experience because of chronic inflammation, it’s easy to see why treating this condition is so critical. The first step is removing any underlying causes that you know about, such as treating an illness or injury properly. If you don’t know the cause of your inflammation, you should still attempt to treat it.
Some of your best options include a combination of the following:
- NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs). Over-the-counter NSAIDs, such as ibuprofen and aspirin, are effective at reducing both inflammation and pain. However, there are several problems associated with long-term use of these drugs, including an elevated risk of kidney disease and peptic ulcer disease.
- Steroids. A steroid hormone, corticosteroids, can help to reduce inflammation and suppress the immune system, which is a necessary step to take when it is attacking healthy tissue. As with NSAIDs, long-term use of corticosteroids can lead to problems such as high blood pressure, vision issues, and osteoporosis.
- Supplements. There are several supplements that may help to reduce inflammation and relieve the symptoms of the conditions that it causes. GLMO is quickly catching up with fish oil as the most popular supplement for inflammation as researchers learn more about the way that it works and its many potential health benefits. Especially when you use it in combination with other treatments, GLMO may offer significant pain relief and inflammation reduction.
Do green-lipped mussels reduce inflammation?
Our belief in green-lipped mussels anti-inflammatory properties are entirely science-based. There are numerous studies that support the concept that green-lipped mussels possess powerful anti-inflammatory and gastroprotective properties.
This study revealed that green-lipped mussels, when researchers gave them to rats and pigs, “strikingly reduced” the likelihood of NSAIDs. GLMO also inhibits COX-1 and COX-2, enzymes that are involved in the inflammatory process. This study shows that GLMO may have an inflammation-reducing effect on people with arthritis.
Green-lipped mussels are a great source of nutraceuticals, or products derived from foods that offer health benefits above and beyond the basic nutritional value of the food.
Why you should choose GLX3
If you are experiencing joint pain or other inflammatory issues, or if you would simply like to prevent them, deciding to make green-lipped mussels a regular part of your diet is only the first step. You will want to find the best source of this wonder supplement, and that’s GLX3.
GLX3 is the purest and most potent omega-3 supplement available anywhere. You won’t find any fillers or additives in our bottles–only three vital ingredients: green-lipped mussel oil, New Zealand olive oil, and New Zealand vitamin E. We combine these three key ingredients in a small, easy-to-swallow capsule made from 100% natural bovine gelatin. Each component serves an essential purpose, and we never use fillers–just pure, pristine green-lipped mussel oil in every bottle.
If you’re wondering if green lipped mussels can really reduce inflammation, the answer is a resounding “yes”—especially when you choose GLX3.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?