Lentil, Beetroot and Hazelnut Salad With a Ginger Dressing
This recipe is packed full of Vitamins & antioxidants, and is great for when you’re craving something on the ‘lighter side.’
Also, a perfect addition to your anti-inflammatory lifestyle!
This should serve about 2..
- 1 cup Puy lentils, rinsed
- 2 3/4 cup filtered water
- Sea salt
- 3 cooked beetroot, cut into small cubes
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tablepoons hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- A handful of fresh mint, roughly chopped
- A handful of fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- For the ginger dressing:
- 3/4-inch cube of fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 6 tablepoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. For the lentils, put them in a saucepan, cover with water, bring to a boil the reduce the heat and simmer for about 15–20 minutes, or until all the liquid has evaporated and the lentils are not mushy and still with a bite.
2. As soon as the lentils are cooked transfer them to a large bowl and leave to cool.
3. Once the lentils are cool, add the beetroot, spring onions, hazelnuts and herbs and stir until everything is combined.
4. For the dressing, put the ginger, mustard, oil and vinegar in a bowl and, using a hand-held blender, blend until combined.
5. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?