Okay, we’ve all had fish before… But THIS fish?
You’re in for a twist…
Andrew here, with Haka Life Nutrition.
And this week, we have a BIG surprise for you – feeling seafood?
Baked Mackerel & Date Butter
This one is sweet, savory, and packed with all the Omega-goodness that you need to stick to your anti-inflammatory lifestyle.
The flavor combos in this one are out of this world, so give it a try and let us know how you like it!
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons date syrup
- 2 mackerels (about 1 pound each), gutted and cleaned
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pint small cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus sprigs for garnish
- 4 dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon, plus 1 lemon cut into thin rounds for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Pinch of red-pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Stir to combine butter and 2 tablespoons date syrup in a small bowl. Brush the exterior of each fish with butter mixture until well coated. Season the cavities and exteriors of each fish with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large grill pan over medium-high. Cook fish, turning once, until lightly charred, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer fish to a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast until fish is cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Place tomatoes, chopped cilantro, dates, oil, lemon zest and juice, cumin, paprika, red-pepper flakes, and remaining 2 teaspoons date syrup in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- To serve, transfer fish to a large platter and top with tomato-cilantro mixture. Garnish with cilantro sprigs and lemon rounds.