Omega3- fatty acids are essential to optimal health and overall well-being. These important nutrients provide a range of health benefits, from reducing inflammation to decreasing anxiety. One surprising benefit of including plenty of omega-3s in your diet may be healthier, fuller hair.
You can get lots of omega-3s by eating the right foods, such as fatty fish, eggs, nuts, and beans. Your diet plays a vital role in the health of your skin and hair, so including foods rich in omega-3s is an effective way to ensure that you look and feel your best day to day. However, it can be extremely challenging to eat perfectly, which means that you should consider adding an omega-3 supplement to your daily routine.
Omega-3 benefits for hair
Omega-3 fatty acids benefit hair in numerous ways, such as:
- Promoting healthy growth. Omega-3s may encourage good circulation in the scalp, triggering hair growth.
- Preventing hair loss. Inflammation in the hair follicles can contribute to hair loss, and omega-3s are effective at reducing inflammation throughout the body.
- Increasing hair density. Taking a regular omega-3 supplement may help your hair stay strong and dense, protecting it from breakage and improving its texture.
This is all good news for anyone who would like to improve the health, texture, or growth rate of their hair, help prevent future hair loss, or stop existing hair loss. More research is needed to understand the effects of omega-3s on hair, but the research we have now is quite promising.
How to use omega-3s to promote healthy hair growth
There are several ways that you can use omega-3s to help your hair, including:
- Eating a healthy diet. A healthy, balanced diet of whole foods should provide lots of omega-3s. Be sure to eat a variety of omega-3-rich foods, such as mackerel, salmon, oysters, anchovies, seaweed, chia seeds, hemp seeds, and flaxseeds.
- Taking an omega-3 supplement. This study showed that six months of omega-3 supplementation resulted in less hair loss and better hair density in 120 healthy female participants.
- Using an omega-3 supplement topically. Omega-3s aren’t only beneficial when taken orally. Using fish oil topically may stimulate hair growth and improve the health of your hair, as this study concluded.
What else can I do to encourage healthy hair growth?
Omega-3 supplements are great for a variety of benefits – not just hair growth, but also reduction of inflammation, anxiety, asthma, joint pain, and more. However, there are also other supplements that you can add to your regimen to help your hair. For example, biotin is believed to promote healthy hair growth and prevent hair loss, while zinc may help you maintain healthy hair follicles. It’s also essential to get enough protein – as hair is made mostly of protein, it makes sense that not consuming enough may lead to thinner or slower-growing hair.
According to the American Academy of Dermatology, other things that you can do to maximize your odds of maintaining healthy hair include:
- Washing your hair the right way. If your hair is oily, be sure to wash it more often (as often as once a day)—concentrate shampoo on the scalp rather than washing the whole length of your hair.
- Using conditioner after each shampoo. Conditioner replaces moisture that shampoo removes and helps your hair look shinier and stronger—concentrate conditioner on the ends of your hair rather than your scalp.
- Choosing the right shampoo and conditioner. If you have color-treated hair, use products designed for this type of hair. If your hair is dry, use moisture-rich products. If you have oily hair, look for products formulated for you.
- Protecting your hair when swimming. Chlorine can be hard on hair. Consider wetting and conditioning your hair before swimming, wearing a swim cap during, and shampooing and deep conditioning after for maximum protection.
Why choose GLX3 instead of traditional fish oil as your omega-3 supplement? Simply put, GLX3 is the purest, most effective, and most potent omega-3 supplement on the market. With no additives or fillers, GLX3 offers just three healthy ingredients: green-lipped mussel oil, olive oil, and vitamin E. We contain these three ingredients – and nothing more – in small, natural bovine gelatin capsules that are easy to swallow. Green-lipped mussels are the only known source of ETAs (eicosatetraenoic acids), which can inhibit inflammation at a cellular level to help manage many inflammation-based health issues, such as arthritis and asthma. Our green-lipped mussels are farmed and harvested using sustainable methods that do not harm the environment nor any other marine life. If you are looking for the best omega-3 supplement, whether for your hair, your joints, or your overall health, give GLX3 a try.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?